Our products are made with Mother Earth in mind.
Leanin’ Tree has had a long-standing commitment to the environment. Each year we build on our efforts to bring you earth-friendly products and reduce our environmental “footprint”.
- Recycled Paper: Cards and envelopes are printed on premium quality recycled paper (10%- 100% post-consumer waste). All cards are Elemental Chlorine Free (ECF).
- Sustainable Forests: Card paper comes from audited mills that adhere to the Sustainable Forestry Initiative.
- Soy Inks: “Zero VOC” vegetable-based inks are formulated without petroleum solvent to eliminate VOC (volatile organic compounds) emissions.
- Certified Green Printer: Leanin’ Tree is a Certified Green Printer with the Printing & Imaging Association of Mountain States and a member of Boulder County’s PACE Program (Partners for a Clean Environment).
- Colorado Leadership Award: We are proud to have received a Silver Award in the Colorado Environmental Leadership Program.
- Corporate Recycling: A comprehensive recycling program includes printed paper scrap, offi ce paper, ink cans, printing plates, phone books, low-mercury fluorescent light bulbs, metal banding, scrap steel and aluminum, skids and pallets, computer components, printer ribbons, batteries, aluminum cans, glass and plastic bottles, used oil and corrugated paper.
- Wind Energy: The electricity used in the Leanin’ Tree Museum and Sculpture Garden of Western Art is purchased from the local utility’s wind source program.
- Resource Conservation: Facility investments to conserve resources include motion sensors, lighting upgrades, thermal equalizers, waterless urinals and underground irrigation systems.
Learn more about Leanin' Tree