See How Greeting Cards are Made
Watch as flat sheets of blank paper are transformed into beautiful, full-color cards. You'll feel the roar of printing presses, each the size of a school bus, as they crank out two sheets per second. Follow the production process through precise cutting equipment, the rush of automated batching, and super-fast machines that fold 500,000 envelopes in one shift.
Free Plant Tours
||Free Plant Tour
|Free Art Museum
& Gift Shop
10am, 11am, 1pm, 2pm
8am to 6pm
||9am to 5pm
||10am to 5pm
- We do not conduct tours on the following holidays that the plant is closed: New Year's Day, Presidents' Day, Memorial Day, July 3rd, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and the day after Christmas.
- The Museum and Gift Shop are open President's Day, Christmas Eve, and the day after Christmas.
- No reservations required! Tickets are on a first come, first served basis.
- Maximum 20 people per tour.
- Tour route approximately 45 minutes and one-half mile.
- Free admission and parking.
- Minimum age requirement: 5 years. Children under 15 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Group visits require 1 chaperone to 3 guests.
- Service dogs, wheelchairs, and walkers are welcome!
- Gift shop with discounted greeting cards and unique gifts
We are located in the Gunbarrel neighborhood of Boulder, just off Highway 119. Enter through the Museum entrance at 6055 Longbow Drive, Boulder. See directions below.
Take Foothills Parkway (CO-157) north, and continue onto the Diagonal Highway (CO-119) towards Longmont. Go 2.3 miles and turn right on N 63rd Street (CR-39 S). After 1.1 miles, turn right onto Longbow Drive. Go .4 miles; Leanin' Tree is located on the right. Please enter through the Museum and Visitor Entrance.
Take I-25 north toward Fort Collins. Take exit #217 and merge onto US-36 W. Go 18.1 miles. Exit on Foothills Parkway (CO-157) toward CU Stadium. Go 5.0 miles. Continue on Diagonal Highway (CO-119). Go 2.3 miles and turn right on N 63rd Street (CR-39 S). After 1.1 miles, turn right onto Longbow Drive. Go .4 miles; Leanin' Tree is located on the right. Please enter through the Museum and Visitor Entrance.
Take the Diagonal Highway (CO-119) west towards Boulder. Turn left onto 63rd Street, proceed 1.1 miles, and turn right onto Longbow Drive. After .4 miles, you will find Leanin' Tree on the right. Please enter through the Museum and Visitor Entrance.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How long is the tour?
A: The tour is approximately 45 minutes long, including a brief video covering the history of Leanin' Tree, as well as a half-mile walking tour of the plant.
Q: Do I have to make reservations for the tour?
A: No, the tours are conducted on a first come, first served basis. Groups of 20 people per tour.
Q: What if I want to bring a group of more than 20 people? Can I bring a few extra?
A: Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate groups larger than 20. We suggest splitting into smaller groups, and having one group enjoy the Museum and Sculpture Garden while the other group is on the plant tour.
Q: Is the museum part of the tour?
A: No, the museum is a separate, self- guided tour. Please see our Museum Page for more information about our Art Museum and Gift Shop.
Q: Can I take photos?
A: You are welcome to take photos of the museum artwork (without a flash) and of the sculpture garden, but photos of the plant are prohibited.
Q: Do you have a café?
A: We do not have a café. We have vending machines available with snacks and beverages, and a list of nearby restaurants at the Museum Front Desk.
Enjoy a Tour Sneak Peek!