What to Write in a Graduation Card
Graduation is a momentous event for both the graduate and those close to them. Graduation marks the completion of an important life era, and the culmination of much hard work and dedication. Celebrate and recognize this milestone achievement with a special handwritten card.
Congratulate the graduate and tell them how very proud you are of their accomplishment! Whether you'd like to compose a lighthearted or more meaningful message, the guide below will help you find just the right words to include inside a graduation card!
Funny Quotes for Graduation: What to write in a Funny Graduation Card
Send a lighthearted or funny message with a humorous quote or a witty joke!
- "Congratulations on getting through the easier part of life! Best of luck on the road ahead."
- "Congratulations on memorizing the periodic table! And good luck finding where it applies to everyday life."
- "Congratulations! Now you can finally start getting paid for all your hard work."
Tip: If you begin your message on a lighter note, end it by expressing your encouragement for the graduate's success. For example: "Congratulations on Graduation! Did you ever think this day would come? Neither did we! Seriously, all jokes aside, we couldn't be more proud and happy for your great accomplishment and can't wait to see where you go next!"
Religious Quotes & Messages for Graduation Cards
Encourage and inspire the graduate with a meaningful blessing or quote.
- "Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed."
- "May God grant you the desires of your heart and make all your plans succeed!"
- "The future is all yours now. Go for it! May the Lord bless your steps and watch over you."
Tip: Share a particular Bible verse with the graduate, and let them know you'll be praying for the next step of their journey.
What to Write in a High School Graduation Card
Congratulate the high school graduate with a meaningful message or motivational quote.
- "Congratulations on your high school graduation! We can't wait to see what exciting things you'll do next."
- We're very proud of you for graduating high school, and happy about your college acceptance! Best of luck on the road ahead."
- Congratulations on your high school graduation! It's been an honor to watch you learn and grow, and we are very proud of the young woman/man that you are today."
- "Congratulations on graduating high school. Good luck starting college this fall, and be sure to visit us when you're back in town!"
Tip: Personalize your message with the graduate's name, their chosen college, high school name, a favorite subject, etc.
What to Write in a College Graduation Card
Honor a well-deserved degree with a respectful and commemorative "congratulations"!
- "Congratulations on your hard-earned degree. As is often said, 'Find a job you love, and you'll never have a work a day in your life'." We hope you find just the right job for YOU!
- "Congratulations on completing your college degree. Your hard work and determination is inspiring."
- Congrats on your college graduation! Wishing you all the best in your chosen vocation."
A little humor is a good way to introduce some comic relief into the long-awaited celebration.
- "Can't wait to celebrate your college graduation! You probably have a great bash planned, especially with all the experience under your belt."
- "Your brain is now worth thousands! You have the receipt to prove it!"
Tip:Personalize the message with the graduate's name, college name, or the specific degree they received.
Some Final Tips for Writing in a Graduation Card
Make sure the underlying message is about how proud, happy, and excited you are for the graduate. Stepping out into the work world can be intimidating. So consider including encouraging and motivating sentiments such as: "we are proud of you," "we can't wait to see what you do next," "wherever the road leads, success awaits you," "remember we will always be your support team and biggest cheerleaders," and "your passion will lead to great things." With the right words, your memorable message will become a treasured keepsake for the graduate!